THE NEW CITROËN C4
The model opens a new page in the design of Citroën, offers exceptional comfort on board and a choice of engine – 100% electric, petrol or diesel.
The new C4 are the successors to a number of successful hatchback models that Citroën has been offering for 92 years. Since 1928, 10 generations of such have been launched, and their sales exceed 12.5 million cars. The new C4 will be on the market in the second half of 2020.
IMPRESSIVE STYLE, DYNAMIC PERSONALITY
The Citroën C4 makes the difference as it ideally combines the best elements from three worlds:
- The robustness, dynamism and character of an SUV: increased ground clearance, large diameter wheels, generous and muscular lines.
- The modern silhouette and aerodynamics of a coupe
- The elegance, fluidity and dynamism of a small-medium sedan: refined lines, stylistic details combined with the unique design features of Citroën.
SUSPENSION CITROËN PROGRESSIVE HYDRAULIC CUSHIONS®
The C4 is equipped with Citroën’s innovative suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions® that offers an exceptional level of comfort and the feeling of rolling on a “magic carpet”, thus ensuring top comfort levels for all passengers combined with dynamic and enjoyable driving .
The principle of operation of the post is simple. The Progressive Hydraulic Cushions® system adds two hydraulic stops on each side: one for compression and one for expansion. Therefore, the suspension works in two stages:
- At light compression and stop, the spring and the shock absorber jointly control the vertical forces without charging the hydraulic stops. This gives the impression that the car is flying over the irregularities of the road: this is the phenomenon of the magic carpet.
- In intense compression and violent braking, the spring and shock absorber work in conjunction with the hydraulic stops that gradually slow down the movement, thus avoiding abrupt stops at the end of their journey. The hydraulic stop absorbs the stored energy. There is therefore no relief phenomenon, and passengers feel completely isolated from the irregularities of the road.
ADVANCED COMFORT® SEATS
Exclusive innovation of Citroën, the Advanced Comfort seats that incorporate:
- Special foam material 15mm thick that ensures comfort and lateral support from the first contact,
- High density foam for an ideal level of comfort: better vibration filtration, resistance to use without any deformation.
LARGE OPENING PANORAMIC SUNFLOWER
The Citroën C4 has a large panoramic glass sunroof that literally floods the cabin with natural light. The panoramic roof also has an electric awning that allows you to adjust the brightness inside.
The new C4 offer the best in terms of connectivity:
● The car’s configuration, access to multimedia, mobile phone, air conditioning and navigation system are provided by a 10-inch tactile screen that works and with voice recognition,
● Connect Play available via Mirror Screen (compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay),
● Wireless smartphone charging,
● Connect Nav, state-of-the-art 3D navigation system,
● Citroën® ConnectedCAM: Citröen’s 3rd model equipped with the camera after the Citroën C3 and Citroën C5 Aircross SUV.
TECHNOLOGIES: 20 MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
20 steering assistance systems provide security, comfort and tranquility on board:
● Everyday life is made easier with the keyless entry and start system, the parking assist system and the Vision 360 camera, the color information display at the driver’s eye level, the automatic switching of the lights…
● Travel is calmer and more enjoyable with the Highway Driver Assist system, the adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function, the blind spot monitoring system, the road sign and speed limit recognition system, the Active Safety Brake system,…
ENGINES: GASOLINE OR OIL
The Citroën C4 C-Cross is available with new generation Euro 6d petrol or diesel engines:
- Flexibility and economy in driving,
- Horsepower engines with a choice of horsepower, from 100 to 155 hp,
- Diesel engines with power from 110 to 130 hp,
- And the latest generation 8-speed automatic transmission (EAT8) for smooth shifts and enjoyable driving combined with limited emissions.
AUTOMATIC 8 GEARBOX
The 8-speed automatic transmission has a new 3-position metal selector (R, N and D) for easy selection of reverse, neutral or forward motion, and two keys:
- P to select Parking,
- M to activate manual operation on petrol and diesel engines,
- or B to activate the Brake option with the electric motor.
The Citroën C4 reflects dynamism through its striking appearance:
- Tall and sculpted hood,
- Front end incorporating Citroën’s new design identity: ‘V’ shaped headlight, two-level headlights and chrome badges throughout the car,
- Appearance that 100% reflects the Citroën LED technology, in daytime running lights, headlights and fog lights.
EASY TO USE & SERVICE STORAGE SPACES
The New C4 offers unique storage and storage solutions for the front passenger:
- The Citroën Smart Pad Support® is a smart folding support system, integrated directly in the dashboard, which is used to support any type of tablet, so that it can be easily used by the passenger,
- Sliding drawer on the dashboard, in front of the front passenger, which allows tablet storage.
Mirror Screen technology, compatible with Apple CarPlay ™ and Android Auto, lets you connect your phone and match its screen to that of your car. The driver then finds the content of its multimedia and controls it directly and easily from the touch screen, the smartphone and its compatible applications.
SAFETY AND 20 DRIVING ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
AND OUR MINIATURES
Find the original miniatures of the new Citroën crossover, in 1/64 scale, available in 4 colors (Caramel Brown, Ice White, Elixir Red, Iceland Blue) and in 1/43 scale: C4 in Caramel Brown color and ë-C4 in Iceland Blue color.